February 20 2013
The curtain rises on three of the craziest weeks of my career....
Today, IBM is announcing IBM MobileFirst -- the industry's most comprehensive portfolio of mobile solutions: software, services, partners, and expertise. The news, which I will highlight in a series of blog posts this week and next, showcases IBM's investments and expertise in mobile enterprise solutions, and how only IBM is poised to help businesses capitalize on the next wave -- the business of mobile. To deliver on this vision, we are doubling our investment in mobile, building on the strength of 10+ acquisitions in the mobile space, and leveraging over 270 patents in the mobile space.
IBM MobileFirst is a set of six solution portfolios, bringing together the breadth and depth of IBM's capabilities. The portfolios include:
- IBM MobileFirst Platform: Tools and capabilities to build, test, and deploy mobile applications -- native, web, or hybrid.
- IBM MobileFirst Management: Mobile device management, through on-premises or managed service delivery.
- IBM MobileFirst Security: Safeguard and secure mobile apps, by protecting devices, data, and application logic.
- IBM MobileFirst Analytics: Optimize digital and mobile app experiences.
- IBM MobileFirst Strategy and Design Services: Workshops, planning services, strategy and business case creation. Includes IBM Interactive's mobile web experience design.
- IBM MobileFirst Deployment and Integration Services: Mobile application development, management, enterprise services.
Today's announcement also highlights an expanded partnership with AT&T, new "Ready for IBM MobileFirst" program for ISVs, new channel and academic programs, and new releases of IBM Worklight, IBM AppScan Source, Tealeaf CX Mobile, and Endpoint Manager. Over the next couple of days, I will continue to blog about this cornucopia of news, highlighting IBM clients -- Daegu Health College, City of Eindhoven -- along with the technology behind IBM MobileFirst.
An incredible team of IBMers has been working for months to make today's announcement happen. I'm glad to be part of the team now, and excited about the path ahead. Now is the time that the mobile market inflects. Much like the browser wars were the end of the first wave of the Internet, we believe now is the time that the mobile story becomes less about the device and more about what is being done on the device. That point of view, the business of mobile, drives everything we will do from here on out. IBM MobileFirst.
Here are some initial links; I will post an additional blog entry on Thursday with links to press coverage and more information.
Link: ibm.com: IBM MobileFirst >
Link: ibm.com: IBM Unveils the Most Comprehensive Mobile Portfolio for Global Businesses: IBM MobileFirst >
Link: Live from Mobile World Congress: IBM MobileFirst - Webcast February 28, register now >